Master Planning and Advisory Services
For over six years, the Innova Group has worked with Children’s Health as their system Master Planning consultant leading a multi-disciplinary project team in evaluation of system-wide assets and the creation of a long-range vision of site and campus development across the metro Dallas acute and ambulatory portfolio of over 1.7 million square feet. The Innova Group’s history with Children’s includes numerous studies and facilitation, including space programming and functional planning for multiple “re-align, repurpose & renew” projects on Children’s campus.
Initiatives for realignment of services include:
- Optimizing adjacencies to support Children’s Centers of Excellence
- Prioritizing location of outpatient services relative to inpatient affiliations
- Developing functional block plans supported by detailed re-alignment phasing plans for surgical services, imaging, non-clinical services, and outpatient clinics
- Supporting Children’s transition to population health – MyChildren’s Medical Home
- Enhancing the patient experience through the “Main Street” program
- Reconciling the impact of cost, scope and phasing to the Capital Budget Plan
Additionally, The Innova Group developed an analysis to identify and exploit latent capacity within the ambulatory care platform. The Innova Group analyzed session scheduling data to assess the throughput and efficacy of clinic utilization. Graphic representation of the analysis used in early discussions with the physicians led to a mutual understanding of the scale of the opportunity, a means by which to work collaboratively on productivity guidelines, and to re-evaluate the scheduling processes in the clinics, establishing new targets and improving clinic utilization.